Years of Expertise Required: 0-1
Drive: Offcampus (Took Referral)
Preparation Matters: Drawback-solving, Knowledge buildings, and Algorithms, CS Fundamentals, Tasks, internship
Supply of Preparation: Neetcode.io, GeeksforGeeks, take ahead, Pepcoding, Adithya Verma, Karthik Arora, code, Fraz, Leetcode, interview bit
Hiring Course of
Spherical 1: On-line Coding Take a look at (90 minutes): On this spherical, I’m given with 3 coding questions totally on problem-solving utilizing DS Algo. The length given is of 90 minutes. This spherical occurred within the CoCubes platform. Coming to the problem of the issues, the primary two questions are of “leetcode medium” problem, however the third downside is of “leetcode exhausting” problem (Simpler ones of “leetcode exhausting”). I managed to unravel 2 questions fully and within the third query, some take a look at circumstances ended up with the time restrict exceeded.
The subjects are on:
- Dynamic programming
I certified for two nd spherical.
Spherical 2: On-line Coding Take a look at (3 hours): On this spherical, am given 1 coding query. The length given is of three hours. For this spherical, the candidate wants to hitch in a single assembly by our cellular the place one particular person from the Samsung inner hiring committee will view for all the length of the examination. We must always not carry books with us, moderately we should always take one or two A4 sheets to do tough work in case wanted. Earlier than beginning the examination itself, the one that joined within the assembly requested to point out me my complete room and my desk. After he confirmed that nobody is current within the room then we proceeded additional. This coding take a look at is known as as “Samsung Superior take a look at”. The subject on which the issue was given is “Binary search”. The problem will be categorized as “leetcode exhausting” (simpler ones of leetcode exhausting).
I certified for third spherical.
Spherical 3: On-line Coding Take a look at (4 hours): On this spherical, am given 1 coding query. The length given is of 4 hours. For this spherical as properly the setup is similar because the earlier spherical, the place I want to hitch in a gathering by way of cellular. This coding take a look at is known as as “Samsung Skilled coding take a look at”. The subject on which the issue was given is “Recursion and Backtracking”. The problem will be categorized as “Leetcode Exhausting”(more durable ones of leetcode exhausting)
I certified for 4th spherical.
Spherical 4: On-line Technical interview (50 minutes – 55 minutes):
- The interview began with an introduction from the interviewer adopted by mine, later he requested about my tasks (Not too deep, simply the main points about it, what algos had been used, and my position within the venture).
- Then he shifted to the principle half i.e DS algo half, the place he requested about one Algorithmic downside, for which I got here up with one method inside 2 minutes (Because it’s not too exhausting). Then I defined that method to him, to which he agreed however he requested to additional optimize. After about 3 minutes I gave him the ultimate optimized method for which he was happy to the fullest and requested me to code it (We’re given the liberty to decide on whichever language we like). I coded it in C++.
- After that, he requested the 2nd query. This query relies on the trie. The query is of “leetcode medium” problem. After about 4 minutes, I instructed them my method to him for which he’s fairly happy. However he didn’t ask me to code because it’s going to be prolonged. Reasonably he requested one follow-up query, which will be categorized as “leetcode exhausting”. After struggling for about 3 minutes, I got here up with one other method to which he agreed. Truly, he’s fairly impressed with my DSA expertise and mentioned “I’m happy along with your DSA expertise, excellent”.
- Then he moved on to CS fundamentals, the place he requested questions from Working techniques, DBMS, CN, and OOPS. For I answered many of the questions besides some from CN. I replied, “I don’t have a lot thought about it, I’ll examine it later”. Then he mentioned, “no points, it’s completely high quality”.
- Then he requested whether or not I do know something about system design, to which clearly I mentioned I don’t have any thought about that.
- Lastly, the interviewer mentioned he’s finished from his facet and requested whether or not I had any queries concerning something. I requested a few questions concerning the work tradition, the sort of work we get, and all. Lastly, the interview ended on a optimistic notice.
Spherical 5: HR/Managerial Spherical (half-hour): The interview began with an introduction.
- Then she requested some widespread HR questions like “why do you wish to be a part of Samsung”,
- and “inform me one such state of affairs the place you are feeling such as you’ve struggled so much and achieved it”.
- Then she requested about my internship expertise and about my tasks.
- Then she requested about my availability (Discover interval), and the way quickly can I be a part of.
- Then she requested about my present compensation and anticipated compensation and famous it down.
- After a few of my questions, she mentioned that they’ll get again to me after some days.
After round per week, I obtained a congratulatory mail from SRIB.
Message to Aspiring College students:
- Not just for Samsung however speaking usually concerning the hiring course of in high product-based corporations, One must have a superb grip on Knowledge buildings and algorithms and good problem-solving expertise to move by the preliminary coding rounds, because the questions are going to be of that stage.
- Collaborating in dwell coding contests which are often held on leetcode will put together you to get adjusted to the dwell timer that will likely be operating throughout the examination.
- There are such a lot of DSA sheets which are out there on-line. However a few of the really helpful ones are Striver’s SDE sheet and Neetcode.io. Concurrently take part within the leetcode contests and upsolve these questions which you couldn’t clear up throughout the contest.
- Aside from DSA, undergo the CS fundamentals like OS, DBMS, CN, and OOPS. And undergo your earlier tasks and internships.
- Throughout your preparation journey, at instances you’ll really feel demotivated if you face rejections. Generally, regardless of fixing all coding questions, nonetheless, you’ll be rejected, regardless of having a superb resume, you continue to, is not going to get shortlisted, and regardless of your internship efficiency, nonetheless you’ll not get PPO.
- However the factor is we should always by no means surrender, we have to strive numerous different corporations. Perhaps we’d fail for 1st, 2nd, third, ….., nth time. However certainly you’ll get an (n + 1) likelihood the place you’re gonna positively smash it. However the factor is whether or not you’ve waited and stored on making an attempt for that one (n + 1) the prospect or not will gonna determine.
- If life turns into more durable, present it how robust you to are. For Tier-3 college students, the possibilities are very restricted, so your preparation ought to be as much as such a stage that as a substitute of making an attempt for six boundaries, be ready to smash the ball out of the stadium.
“Bear in mind everybody will hit a peak level of simply giving up and quitting every thing, however it’s what you do at that time limit that can gonna outline and differ you from the remainder of the group.”